Tool balancers are devices engineered to offset tool weights. Springs or other tensioning devices are attached to tools, which counters the weight of the tools. Tool balancers are often used with in-line tools. Individuals with neck, back, shoulder, and cumulative trauma disorders to the upper extremities may benefit from tool balancers.
702. Tools for Measuring Distances
703. Torque Multipliers
Wrenches and other equipment that easily increase the tension and pressure that can be applied for industrial work.
Provides an alternative method of accessing information through the use of touch-screen techology. Good for individuals with motor-skill impairments who have difficulties using mice.
705. Tractor Modification
Seats, stairs and other attachments that allow easier access to tractors an farming equipment in general for the physically impaired or disabled.
706. Training Modifications
Training modifications can include:
- receiving materials in alternate formats, such as Braille, large print, audio, and text;
- receiving materials in advance of training
- using assistive technologies, such as CART, interpreter, and recording devices;
- having trainings broken into smaller increments;
- allowing additional time for training;
- receiving one-on-one tutoring;
- seating away from distractions; and
- logging in remotely.
707. Transcription Equipment
708. Transfer Aids
Transfer aids are devices that assist individuals in going from a sitting position to a standing position and vice versa. Transfer aids come in all shapes and sizes and have a wide range of uses. They can allow an individual to assist in independently transferring themselves, or eliminate the need to lift the patient entirely in the given situation.
709. Transfer Sheets
These are sheets that can be used to pick up and carry objects or individuals.
710. Transparent Window Shades
Transparent window shades reduce energy costs, eliminate glare, protect from UVA-UVB rays, and provide interior fade protection, while preserving the view.